We provide expert psychological support to adults and couples. Our approach to treatment and counselling is informed by the latest psychological research.
Choice Psychology has a strong focus on promoting general well-being and life satisfaction, as well as helping to build upon existing strengths and potential.
Psychological treatments (also known as talking therapies) can help you change your thinking patterns so you’re able to keep your anxiety under control and reduce irrational worries. There are several types of effective psychological treatments for anxiety, as well as different delivery options.
Most long-term couples will at some point experience periods of conflict, anger, mistrust or a break down in communication. Relationship counselling provides an environment where communication is facilitated to help couples express their needs and to learn the skills to resolve their conflict.
TRAUMA & ABUSE
Counselling for trauma or abuse (substance, physical, emotional or sexual) will help to overcome symptoms and get your life back. Everyone’s reaction to potentially traumatic experiences is different, if you are not coping, please give us a call and we can help you work through the issues.
We offer Telehealth Videoconference consultations to people who live in rural or remote areas and may not have access to face-to-face Psychological services.
GRIEF & LOSS
It can be helpful to check in with a therapist or counsellor when you are experiencing grief, loss or trauma to work through the issues and symptoms that arise.
Depression is extreme sadness or despair that lasts more than days. It interferes with the activities of daily life and can even cause physical pain. Fortunately, depression is highly treatable.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDE
- Anger management
- Anxiety disorders (e.g., Panic, Social Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety, Health Anxiety, Phobias, OCD)
- Bipolar disorders
- Child/adolescent problems, such as bullying, behavioural and emotional issues, bed-wetting, sleep, friendship concerns, tantrums
- Chronic Pain
- Gender and sexuality
- Health concerns, poor body image, and weight management
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Parenting support, education, and ante / postnatal depression
- Psycho-educational assessments
- Sleep management
- Stress management
- Substance issues (e.g., treatment for drug and alcohol abuse/dependence)
- Workplace difficulties